20.6.10

Eastside Marauding.








Me, alongside my fellow members of La Familia, once again found ourselves marauding the hectic streets of the eastern part of Milwaukee. Beer bottles, soda cans, missing articles of clothing, small portions of vomit, as well as other various items littered the block. There seemed to be signs of some type of concert that may have taken place prior to our arrival or maybe even a celebration for the World Cup soccer games. Too bad we missed it. A majority of the locals on the east side exchanged awkward glances toward one another as we made our way around. Glances that signified, "why are these little kids walking around our parts?" or "they're not 21" and let's not forget, "where'd my other beer go?" We ignored these stares and tried to find something to embody ourselves into. I snapped a couple of mediocre shots with my camera I scooped up at a rummage sale. I even once tried to pull a James Bond-esque move into what seemed like an unguarded entryway to a club. I failed miserably as I encountered the masculine back of a well-trained security guard. There was no way I would get past him, let alone two other travelers. We concluded our night with a meal from the great Oakland Gyros; how I love that place.

I really need to invest in a new camera.

drizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment